FALL CAREER AND INTERNSHIP FAIR 2011
First Floor, Stamp Student Union - DIFFERENT EMPLOYERS EACH DAY
September 27 – 29 from 12:00noon – 5:00pm
The largest fair of the fall is next week! Due to the economy, the hiring outlook nationwide is still challenging. Take advantage of an opportunity to meet potential employers who are still hiring for full-time, part-time, and internship positions before it's too late! No pre-registration is required; however, we do ask that you bring your student ID and dress to impress (interview style)!
WHAT KINDS OF EMPLOYERS ARE COMING?
Over three days you will find 183 employers hiring for non-technical positions and 213 employers looking to fill technical positions. These include 109 employers who are looking to hire for BOTH types of positions. To help you filter your way through the large fair, various sections are dedicated to employers offering different TYPES of positions.
Some of the employers attending that students in BSOS can look forward to include:
• American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (AEI)
• BD (Becton Dickinson)
• Board of Child Care
• Capital One
• Center for American Politics and Citizenship
• Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
• City Year Washington, DC
• Columban Center for Advocacy and Outreach
• Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
• General Mills
• ICF International
• Morgan Stanley
• National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
• NOAA Commissioned Officer Corps
• Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
• Peace Corps
• Supreme Court of the United States
• Teach For America
• UN Association of the National Capital Area
• US Environmental Protection Agency
• US Census Bureau
• US Department of State and many more!
Check out ALL the employers and which days they will be attending the Fair at www.careercenter.umd.edu/page.cfm?page_id=135 (You can filter by non-technical and technical positions as well)
ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE FAIR?
• Visit www.CareerCenter.umd.edu/FairPrep
• Attend the "Walk-in Resume Critique in the Union – co-sponsored by Northwestern Mutual" on Monday, September 26, 2011, from 11:30am - 2:30pm in the Baltimore Room, SSU and bring your resume!