The Committee on Institutional Cooperation is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for the 2012 CIC Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP). Applications will be accepted until February 10, 2012.
SROP is the gateway to graduate education at CIC universities. Students underrepresented in graduate study are invited to apply for a summer program designed to enhance their academic and research skills by working one-on-one with a faculty mentor from top ranked research institutions. All SROP students on the host campus meet as a group for educational enrichment activities and special seminars. Students gain experience as an undergraduate to put them at an advantage as a graduate applicant. At the same time they will earn money and have all expenses paid during this full-time summer research opportunity. It's the competitive edge they will need to rank above the best of the best.
Students wishing to participate in SROP must meet the minimum eligibility criteria:
· Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
· Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.
· Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico, or other U.S. territory
· Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education
· Have at least one semester of undergraduate education remaining after completing the program
· Have a strong interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
Details about SROP and the web-based application process are available at the program website: www.cic.net/SROP. If you have any questions about the program, please contact the SROP Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-333-6314.