$10/hr Paid Research Assistant Position at UMD with the Gildenhorn Institute for Israel Studies –
5 Short-Term Positions to Fill
The Gildenhorn Institute for Israel Studies at the University of Maryland (GIIS) has 5 short-term research assist positions to fill. GIIS is looking to hire 5 upper classmen (seniors or juniors preferred), or graduate students, to administer questionnaires as part of a research study that they are conducting. The study will examine American student’s attitudes toward Israel and the Middle East. Study is scheduled to begin on Monday, April 16th. Project may last 1 or 2 weeks, but targeted completion date is Monday, April 30th. Research Assistants will canvas in various locations on the UMD campus. Research project aims to survey a total of 200 UMD undergraduate/graduate students.
Research Assistants will be required to check in and out daily with the Coordinator in Israel Studies, in order to pick up research equipment and materials for daily use. Research Assistants, though the use of the technology equipment provided by GIIS, will administer online surveys to UMD undergraduate/graduate students.
· Administer online survey (Survey Monkey link) to UMD undergraduate/graduate students.
· Meet with co-investigator researcher prior to start of research for training on Monday, April 16th.
· Research assistants are required to report to the Coordinator in GIIS daily, prior to and concluding the day’s research assignment.
· Responsible in the handling of the research equipment and materials (i.e. iPad2’s and Starbuck gift cards).
· Research assistants will be required to track all incentives (Starbuck gift cards) given to survey takers on the Incentive Disbursement Log, which will be provided.
· Must report on time to GIIS Coordinator, and be able to commit at least 16-20 hours per week, for 1 or 2 weeks, depending on time it takes to collect data (200 total surveys.)
Research assistants will only survey current UMD undergraduate/graduate students. Staff/Faculty/Graduate students are not viable candidates to take survey.
Study will run from Monday, April 16th and possibly up to Monday, April 30th, or until a total of 200 surveys have been completed by MD undergraduate/graduate students. Research Assistants will be required to work 4 hour blocks daily during the school week, between the hours of 10am – 4pm.
$10/hr for approximately 4 hours daily.
The surveying will be completed on the University of Maryland campus. Daily locations to be determined after morning meeting with co-investigator. Daily meeting/check-in location in 0140 Holzapfel Hall.
Successful research assistants must have a high energy level to solicit survey takers, and be able to work on their feet for 4 hours daily. Experience in administering surveys and knowledge of Survey Monkey is preferable but not necessary. Training will be provided on Monday, April 16th.
Interested applicants should contact the Coordinator in GIIS, Jennifer Kilberg by Sunday, April 15th. Please email a statement of interest with your contact information to: email@example.com. If you have any questions, please call 301-405-9413.