Friday, January 18, 2013
Want an Internship? The Career Center Will Show You How to Find One!
The Jump-Start Your Internship Search Certificate Program is a new initiative through the University Career Center & The President’s Promise to encourage students to jump-start their internship search and better prepare for the Career & Internship Fair (Feb. 26-28, 2013), on-campus interviews and the overall internship search process. If a student completes four easy steps, (s)he will earn a certificate and a professional portfolio to use during the Spring Career & Internship Fair!
HOW DO STUDENTS EARN A CERTIFICATE & PORTFOLIO?
Register here and complete all four steps below by Monday, February 25 to pick up a portfolio in time for the Spring Career & Internship Fair.
1. Attend one How to Find an Internship workshop (1 hour)
2. Attend one Finding an Internship at the Career & Internship Fair workshop (1 hour)
3. Receive one resume critique by a career counselor in our Center (Stop by our walk-in resume critiques in the Stamp or schedule a career assistance appointment)
4. Conduct one virtual mock interview through InterviewStream. Once logged into InterviewStream, select the “Internship Search Certificate” interview option. (30 minutes)
INTERNSHIP WORKSHOP DATES & TIMES:
All workshops are in the University Career Center & The President’s Promise (3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing) unless otherwise stated.
Click on the program date to RSVP!
How to Find an Internship:
• Wed, Jan. 30, 2013: 4 p.m.-5 p.m.
• Tues, Feb. 5, 2013: 12 p.m.-1 p.m.
• Tues, Feb. 12, 2013: 12 p.m.-1 p.m.
Finding an Internship at the Career & Internship Fair:
• Thurs, Feb. 7, 2013: 12 p.m.-1 p.m.
• Mon, Feb. 18, 2013: 12 p.m.-1 p.m.
• Wed, Feb. 20, 2013: 4 p.m.-5 p.m. in Oakland Hall Multipurpose Room
We hope you will jump-start your internship search with us! Register here.
Questions? Contact Erica Ely, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301.314.0362
Posted by BSOSumd at 2:38 PM