Mark Your Calendars - these are priceless opportunities to develop professional skill sets, network with employers and like-minded Terps, and get a competitive edge in you internship/career search. Missing these events doesn't simply "hurt" you, and there is no immediate "price to pay"...but you will be less prepared, less refined, and an overall less attractive candidate for positions where the extra advantage is the difference between "We're Sorry To Inform You" and "You're Pleased To Inform You". In this job market, that is the vast majority...
If you wouldn't walk in to a final exam without studying, don't plan on entering the workforce without having prepared. Graduating from UMD provides you with a well-rounded, world-class education...closing the deal is largely up to your dedication, preparation and confidence.
Programs/events are being added daily, so visit the Center’s calendar for a full listing. http://www.Careers.umd.edu/events.cfm
CAREER & INTERNSHIP FAIRS - Fall 2013
· Fall Career & Internship Fair: Sept. 24, 25 and 26; 12-5 p.m.
· Law School Fair: October 8; 4-7 p.m.
· Language Career & Internship Fair: Oct. 23; 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
· Geographical Sciences Career & Internship Fair: November 1; 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
· Startup Career & Internship Fair: Nov. 8; 12-4 p.m.
Visit the University Career Center & The President’s Promise’s website for more details at www.Careers.umd.edu/CareerFairs.
· 60-Minute Job Search Booster Workshop: 4:30-5:30 p.m. (Sept. 3, 4, 9, 11 & 12)
· Resume Critique: varying times (Sept. 16, 17, 18, 19 & 20)
· How to Find an Internship: varying times (Sept. 9, 17 & 19- 4-5 p.m.)
· Finding an Internship at the Career & Internship Fair: varying times (Sept. 10, 12 & 18)
· Networking is NOT a Four Letter Word: 4-5 p.m. (Sept. 17)
· Fall Mock Interview Clinic: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (Oct. 2)
· Practice Makes Perfect: How to Sell Yourself in Interviews for Internships: 12-1 p.m. (Oct. 3)
· Find a Job: Employer Targeted Search Tips: 4-5 p.m. (Oct. 8)
· Know your Rights as an Employee: 12-1 p.m. (Oct. 10)
· How to Use Social Media in your Internship/Job Search: 4-5 p.m. (Oct. 15)
· Federal Resume and Job Search Workshop: 5-6:30 p.m. (Oct. 22)
· Effective Interviewing to get the Internship or Job: 4-5 p.m. (Oct. 24)
· You’ve Been Offered the Job…Now What?: 4-5 p.m. (Nov. 5)
· Cornerstone Research: Employer Networking Session: Sept. 23, 8-9 p.m.
· Kohl’s, Loss Prevention: Employer Networking Session: Sept. 2, 12-1 p.m.
· Prince George’s County Police Department: Employer Networking Session: Oct. 2, 4-5 p.m.
· Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL): Employer Networking Session: Oct. 9, 12-1 p.m.
· Congressional Internship Opportunities for UMD Diverse & Talented Students: Oct. 18, 12-2 p.m.
· Career Choices in Statistics Symposium: Nov. 13, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Industry Networking Series: Students have the opportunity to learn from and network directly with professionals in the field. The first hour is a panel discussion followed by an hour of informal socializing and networking. Students are encouraged to RSVP by visiting the Center’s Calendar.
· Careers & Internships in Paralegal and Legal Services, Oct. 9, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
· Careers & Internships in Intelligence, Oct. 16, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
· Careers & Internships in the Government Sector, Oct. 23, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
· Careers & Internships in Quantitative and Analytical Careers, Oct. 30, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
· Careers & Internships in Startup Organizations and Entrepreneurship, Nov. 6, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
* Review more events, as well as details of the events above, at www.Careers.umd.edu/events.cfm and encourage students to RSVP for programs they are interested in attending.