Grab your camera and create a 3-4 minute video about your magical Maryland moments. Share your special memories, experiences, favorite places and spaces, traditions, people... the possibilities are endless. The video can showcase anything you want that reflects your magical moments at UMD. Be creative. Have fun. Think big!
Any undergraduate or graduate student who has completed the requirements for participation in Winter Commencement is eligible to participate. Students can enter as individuals or part of a group of no more than four people (all group members must be graduating in December).
Once the video has been submitted, a committee of students, faculty and staff will review the entries. The committee is looking for creativity, content and originality. Quality is an important aspect of the video; however, we don’t expect Joss Whedon to direct and produce. Winners will not be selected as a result of HD quality or special effects. The committee is more interested in the story told through the video.
Up to three winners will be selected. Students will be recognized by President Loh during the ceremony, each winner will introduce their video, and the video will be shown on the big screen in Cole Field House. The person who submits the best video will win an iPad Air!
Deadline for submission:
Deadline extended! All video entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 22, 2013. Winners will be announced by Wednesday, November 27, 2013.
Requirements for submission:
Send the following information via email to email@example.com:
- Curriculum vitae or resume including email address and phone number. Provide in ".doc" and ".pdf" format. If submitting as a group, vitae/resumes must be submitted for each person.
- Groups cannot exceed four graduates. Please identify the person who will be the main point of contact.
- Post your video to YouTube or Vimeo and then provide the link in the email. Video must not exceed 4 minutes.
- Video should contain material appropriate for all ages. Selection committee reserves the right to make edits to a winning video if any material is deemed inappropriate.
- Acknowledgement and screening of video during Winter Commencement Ceremony
- Invitation to Commencement Dinner for winners and up to four guests
- Four tickets in the VIP section at commencement
- VIP parking
- Recognition in commencement program
- Winner with the best video will receive an iPad Air