Are you a SOPHOMORE or JUNIOR thinking about studying abroad in Germany next year – in fall 2014 or spring 2015 or for the academic year?
Learn about the DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship, which provides a monthly stipend of €650 (approximately $897) for one to two semesters (four to ten months) to help you meet the costs of studying in Germany. Over the last two years, 4 UMD students received this award!
Highly qualified undergraduate students are invited to apply for scholarships funding study abroad in Germany. The goal of this program is to support study abroad in Germany and at German universities. Preference will be given to students whose programs are based at and organized by a German university. Scholarships are available either for students taking part in an organized study abroad program or for those planning an individual, student-designed study abroad semester or year. The National Scholarships Office – firstname.lastname@example.org – provides advice and support to DAAD Scholarship applicants.
If you are interested in learning about the DAAD scholarship for study abroad in the 2014-15 academic year please contact Leslie Brice at email@example.com to make an appointment for next week.
Who can apply: U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and non-US citizens who have studied in the U.S. for more than one year – Sophomores, Juniors – GPA of 3.5 or higher recommended.
Program Requirements: The DAAD selection committee is looking for students who:
1. Are currently sophomore and junior year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany.
2. Are seeking DAAD support for a 4-10 month period in Germany during the German academic year.
3. Possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity, as evinced by both their grades and letters of recommendation.
4. Submit the DAAD language evaluation form with their application, although German language competency is not mandatory.
5. Demonstrate an interest in contemporary German and European affairs and who explain the significance of their project in Germany to their future studies, research or professional goals.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2014
To access the online application, or for more information about the DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship, please visit the DAAD website at https://www.daad.org/undergrad or email firstname.lastname@example.org