This is a pilot of what will be the first-semester course in the FIRE program sequence. More information on the in-development sequence is detailed at: http://fire.umd.edu/for-students.html
This pilot is designed to serve first and second year students who have an interest in STEM, social, animal and health science disciplines and would benefit from a multidisciplinary course that will prepare them for innovation and research activities.
The course is divided into three thematic units:
- The irrationality of economic market patterns.
- Epidemiology and predicting the spread of infectious diseases.
- Atmospheric and natural phenomena prediction.
- The fundamentals of locating, reading, and analyzing primary literature.
- The fundamentals of experimental and innovation design.
- The fundamentals of collegial and communal group work.
- The fundamentals of written and oral scholarly communication.