We would like to let you know that the BSOS Peer Mentor application is extended until December 12th, 2014 in order to accommodate different students' class registration time.
The BSOS Peer Mentor program is a great way for students to gain leadership experience, build public speaking skills, and receive elective credits.
The primary role of Peer Mentors is to teach the BSOS Graduation Planning workshops each semester and conduct various presentations in BSOS UNIV100 sections. Through the services they provide to fellow students, Peer Mentors gain leadership, presentation, and public speaking skills. In preparation for their required tasks, all Peer Mentors are expected to attend weekly class sessions and serve for at least two semesters. Students will earn 1 academic credit after successful completion of each semester (you can earn up to 6 credits if you continue the program for 6 semesters).
- Must be a BSOS major for a minimum of 2 semesters If the student is a Double Major, the primary major must be in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Sophomore, junior, or senior standing with intentions to return for Fall 2015
- At least a 2.5 GPA within major
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5+ (Required Submission of Unofficial Transcript)
- Must be in good judicial/academic standing
For more detail please go to http://bsosundergrad.umd.edu/engagement/bsos-peer-mentors or contact email@example.com