The Program Assistant provides direct administrative support to the Global Conservation Initiatives business unit.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience.
- Coordinate projects with several variables, work within a defined timeline and budget.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through.
- Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Financial responsibility includes purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget preparation.
- May act as a resource to others to solve problems and act in supervisor’s stead when instructed.
- May supervise administrative and/or volunteer staff, responsibility includes training and professional development.
- Provide input through project teams for the improvement of existing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on January 22, 2015.