Under the guidance of Columbia Business School’s leading faculty, interns will take an active role on a research project in one of the following areas: finance, economics, marketing, management, decision sciences, operations, accounting, and data analytics.This is a multi-disciplinary program and candidates from all backgrounds, including business, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, the physical sciences, and the social and behavioral sciences are encouraged to apply.
Prospective interns must have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for research and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics
- Strong programming skills are required for most projects
- Familiarity with statistical and computational software packages (such as Matlab, R, STATA), scripting languages such as Python, or general programming languages
- Behavioral projects require knowledge of SPSS and may require knowledge of a scripting language such as Python
The internship program is designed for students in the junior year of their undergraduate program, but exceptional sophomores and students enrolled in Master’s programs may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The program runs from May 31, 2015 – August 1, 2015. On-campus housing and a stipend will be provided.
To apply, please fill out the application form at the following website: http://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/research/internship/application
The Application Deadline is 11:59pm EST on March 1, 2015. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The application process is highly competitive, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.