The incumbent serves as the Continuity of Operations (COOP) Planner. Plans and coordinates of COOP emergency preparedness, and emergency operations and programs. Plans and supports all exercises and activities relevant to ensuring compliance with United States Government COOP and emergency preparedness operations. Develops and evaluates internal policies and procedures. Develops and implements new projects and initiatives relevant to the continued enhancement of the COOP and Emergency Preparedness programs. Assists in research and fact-finding to develop or modify COOP plans; prepares detailed analyses of business processes; assists in the collection of statistical and other related data in support of COOP. Plans and coordinates office participation in the Agency and the National Level Exercise Program. Drafts policies and procedures for self-assessment and program evaluation, and conducts reviews to ensure the Office is in compliance with program requirements. Prepares a variety of written communications and documents and makes oral presentations.
Knowledge and Qualifications Required by the Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical, qualitative and/or quantitative methods used to plan, design and lead studies and projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of management and organization theory and principles to conduct studies and projects of issues and analyze findings.
- Knowledge of management and organizational techniques, systems and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Position requires a Top Secret Clearance/SSI
Send resume in Microsoft Word format to: