Want to hone your skills while supporting at local level a national organization advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research (since 1881)? Then be an AAUW-CP volunteer intern! Apply by March 29, 2015 with a short email of interest and a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries welcome.
AAUW-CP, the only AAUW branch in Prince George’s County, can use your help for 1-2 hours a week on one of the following on-going projects: membership, media and PR, logistics.
- Contact AAUW national members in the area about branch events and joining the branch
- Contact UMD undergraduate students who already expressed interest in AAUW about branch events and becoming a (free) branch affiliations
- Identifying University of Maryland student associations interested in our mission and events and arrange presentations to their members about AAUW programs and membership
MEDIA AND PUBLIC RELATIONSHIPS:
- Update our branch's Facebook page
- Compile a list of venues in which to advertise our meetings.
- Advertise our two branch meetings and three spring events
- Compile a list of partner associations in the community for co-sponsoring or co-advertising events
- Help organize one or all of our Spring 2015 events:
- Solving the Equation- launch party for AAUW latest research report on women in STEM (March 26, 2-3:30 pm)
- A celebration of the Life and Work of Dr. Virginia Beauchamp (April 13, 2015, 4-6 pm)
- A celebration of students and mentors in STEM (May 16, 2015, 10:30 am -1:00 pm)