Intern will provide assistance to the Campaign Outreach team, focusing on communication project to advance key issues:
1) For the Caregiving Campaign, conduct interviews with family caregivers and write their profiles and/or stories for use with media and as part of advocacy campaigns; track submissions to I Heart Caregivers website; research story placement opportunities.
2) Write and edit Campaign materials for earned media and grassroots activities (Campaigns include: Caregiving, Financial Security, Fraud Watch Network, Medicaid Expansion, and Utilities).
3) Update internal web pages for the Campaigns.
4) Compile Campaign communication reports.
5) Assist onsite at Campaigns events in DC, and with social media for the Campaigns, as necessary.
Works under the close supervision of the Campaign Outreach team. Individual should be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Works closely with Campaign Outreach senior advisors and advisors on specific, ongoing as well as special communication projects to support the Campaigns.
Strong writing skill, for multiple Communication channels including earned media, websites, and social, is required
The intern must have the ability to work under tight deadlines at times and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Intern must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university -- in their junior or senior years of their undergraduate studies, or in his/her second year of graduate school, with a minimum GPA of 3.0
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
AARP Internships with Caregiving, Financial Security, Fraud Watch Network, Medicaid Expansion, and Utilities Campaigns
CSN IC Campaign Mgmt Intern I