- Take a fall-semester seminar course on a topic of contemporary concern--taught by expert practitioners who bring in guest speakers (ambassadors, industry experts, etc.)!
- Obtain an extraordinary spring internship at sites ranging from federal, NGOs, private organizations, foreign embassies, research shops, White House etc.
- Take spring internship credit through our program or through your major or other program!
- Earn a notation on your transcript: become a Federal or Global Semester Fellow!
- Enjoy year round empowerment activities: field trips, professional development, conversations with industry leaders, individual help obtaining internships.
- Join a lively, engaged student cohort group (and alumni network)!
For details and an application form, go to EITHER http://federalsemester.umd.edu and/or http://globalsemesterdc.umd.edu or come by our office: 2407 Marie Mount Hall, 301-314-0261. Fill out ONE application and rank your choices across the two programs. APPLY NOW! No need for recommendation letters unless you wish to add them; and they can come later!