The Finance Internship provides the opportunity for students to gain knowledge and experience working within the finance department of Blackboard. The Finance Intern will work directly under the Sr. Financial Analyst in the Washington DC office.
The goal of this program is to provide hands on experience in financial modeling, financial systems, and management reporting. What’s in it for you? You will have opportunity to increase your knowledge of financial reporting and to expand your knowledge and usage of financial system capabilities, specifically using Hyperion.
The Finance Intern – FP&A will be responsible for supporting the company-wide forecasting process and associated management reporting. Specifically s/he will be responsible for:
- Working with and collaborating with peers to perform ad-hoc analysis
- Analyzing information and creating accurate and timely reports
- Ensures financial reporting meets the compliance needs of internal and external users
- Look for ways to improve the accuracy and automation of the current Forecasting process
- Work intimately with Oracle Hyperion and Oracle Smartview products
- Assist the Budgets and Forecasts team with the monthly reporting
- Assist in driving standardization, simplification, and automation of financial reporting
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint and Access skills, with particular focus on financial modeling and the use of advanced features of spreadsheets
- Familiarity with enterprise performance management systems
- Highly organized and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- High level of analytical ability and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Long term interest in a career within Finance, Financial Systems, Enterprise Reporting, or Accounting