The intern will report to the Global Affairs and Partnerships Manager. We are currently recruiting for a summer intern and for a fall intern for this role.
- Conduct desktop research related to US government policies, legislation, and priorities;
- Conduct desktop research on UN resolutions and priorities;
- Attend Congressional hearings and share notes within the organization;
- Assist with the development of policy recommendations and documents;
- Identify and research opportunities around key SFCG themes;
- Represent SFCG at relevant meetings in Washington, D.C.;
- Maintain and update knowledge management tools;
- Perform general administrative tasks as needed.
- Current student or graduate with a degree in International Relations, Conflict Studies, Development, or a related area;
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet Search Engines).
- Demonstrated interest and experience in US government or UN policy and/or advocacy;
- A self-starting, enthusiastic, and flexible approach to the organization and the position;
- Interest and/or experience in foreign policy, fundraising, and conflict resolution;
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and two page writing sample. Please also include your availability (days and hours/week) in your cover letter. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please apply through our application system at: https://sfcg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=250.