The internship should begin late May or early June 2015 and last two months long, depending on availability. Scheduling is flexible, but an intern is expected to work 40 hours per week.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Attends hearings, writes articles for departmental newsletter, prepares and maintains issue briefs published on the Web
- Assists with other activities, such as congressional briefings, as assigned
- A strong academic background; all majors will be considered, with priority given to the natural and social sciences, and engineering
- A strong interest in the intersection of science, technology, and public policy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in writing for popular audiences