Stop the Silence: Stop Child Sexual Abuse at the University of Maryland has organized a human trafficking symposium which will take place on April 20th from 7 - 9pm.
The event will begin with the viewing of the film Flesh, which is a documentary following the lives of several sex trafficking victims, and end in a discussion about human trafficking led by a panel of experts.
Panelists will include:
- Cathy Royal, President of Zonta International'
- Patricia K. Cronin, Executive Director of The Family Tree, Inc.
- Melissa Yao, Anti-Trafficking Specialist
- Amanda G. Weikel, Church Partnerships Manager of The Maryland Rescue and Restore Coalition
- Nick Weikel, Human Trafficking and Pornography Specialist