The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program staff at American Councils in Washington, D.C. is responsible for the administration of 22 program sites in 13 countries. The CLS summer institutes administered by American Councils offer intensive overseas language programs for approximately 550 undergraduate and graduate students from the United States.
The CLS interns work closely with a team of ten staff members to assist in all administrative aspects of the CLS program. This internship position is paid. Resumes will be reviewed beginning April 22, 2015 until the position is filled.
· Assist in the management of participant documents and data, including online registration systems;
· Assist summarizing reports;
· Work with program alumni to prepare content for newsletter and blog articles;
· Clean and normalize participant data;
· Categorize, evaluate, and organize media assets (photos and videos);
· Assist with social media management and development;
· Perform routine clerical tasks (filing, copying, faxing); and
· Gather information required for the compilation of grant reports.
· Working towards a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in international affairs or a related field of study;
· Knowledge of MS Word and Excel;
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities effectively;
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; detail-oriented;
· Interest in international education;
· HTML, CSS, SQL, and related skills welcome, but not required; and
· Foreign-language skills a plus, but not required.
Position contingent upon funding. Apply here.