Yelp’s government affairs team plays a crucial role in conveying Yelp’s public policy goals to policymakers at the international, federal, state and local levels. That’s a whole lot of ground to cover, and as an intern for the team, you will play a crucial role in helping to develop and deliver our message.
As a Yelp Government Affairs Intern You’ll get to:
- Interact with politicians and policymakers at the highest levels of government.
- Attend meetings with officials on Capitol Hill or San Francisco and possibly other places around the country.
- Learn about Yelp’s public policy goals of helping to protect consumers’ freedom of speech on the Internet and promoting competition in the online marketplace.
- Work on some of the most important technology policy issues facing the Internet today.
- Attend technology policy events and engage with the leading technologists and thinkers in this field.
- Assist in the creation and management of public policy projects, blog posts and talking points.
- Rock the latest Yelp swag.
- You should be studying in a college or graduate-level program, however exceptions can be made for recent graduates.
- This will be an 8 to 10 week program, that can be renewed with approval.
- This is a paid, full-time internship position. Some events and activities may occur outside of normal business hours.
- Currently lives/resides in the Washington, D.C. area.
- A positive personality and sense of humor.
- Your cover letter.