A special project of EDF, Moms Clean Air Force is a community of over 450,000 moms (and dads!) united against air pollution – including the urgent crisis of our changing climate – to protect our children’s health. We arm members with reliable information and solutions through online resources, articles, action tools and on-the-ground events.
The internship is ten weeks in duration, and thirty-five hours per week (full-time). Moms Clean Air Force is seeking a highly motivated and deeply qualified undergraduate student, graduate student, or recent graduate who is interested in working with a quickly growing program composed of staff located across the country. The successful candidate will work closely with both the Program Coordinator and National Field Manager on executing tasks to support the Moms Clean Air Force field team and national events--both on the ground and through online communication.
- Assists Program Coordinator & National Field Manager with event planning;
- Assists Program Coordinator with managing field team materials;
- Helps maintain Moms Clean Air Force social media channels, including Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest;
- Attend and take notes at relevant Congressional hearings and meetings;
- Assist with research, as needed.
- Have completed at least 2 years towards a Bachelor's degree;
- Interest and experience in grassroots advocacy;
- High degree of professionalism;
- Strong interpersonal and communications (listen, oral, and written) skills;
- A self-starter and able to work independently or as a member of team;
- Proficient with technology, database, word processing, and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred);
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest;
- Knowledge of environmental issues desirable;
- Strong time management skills.
EDF Office Washington, DC
10 weeks during the period May through August 2015. Available start dates include May 18, June 1, or June 15.
Full-time (35 hours/week)
Compensation This position will be paid based on experience.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting your résumé, references, writing sample, and a cover letter.