The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments is seeking a full-time intern interested in climate and energy issues to assist with implementation the 2015 Climate and Energy Leadership Awards Program, the Rooftop Solar Challenge II, and related climate and energy assignments. Primary responsibilities of the position regarding the Awards Program will include:
- Implementing a strategic marketing plan;
- Recruiting applicants and sponsors;
- Promoting the program on social media, the COG website and at events;
- Responding to program inquiries; and
- Coordinating awards judging process.
Primary responsibilities of the position regarding the Rooftop Solar Challenge will include:
- Coordinating with local government staff and COG’s solarize consultants to assist implementing marketing and outreach plans for local solar co-op (or solarize) projects in their communities;
- Attending solar co-op workshops/meetings and communicating with interested homeowners about the program;
- Developing communications materials for solar co-ops and/or other aspects of the program; and
- Assisting with development of a Regional Commercial Solar Training event for local government staff in the DC region.
Applicant should be a graduate or undergraduate student in environmental studies, urban studies, marketing, public relations, advertising, business management or related field. Demonstrated interest in sustainability, climate change, and/or energy issues is helpful. Intern must have strong quantitative, oral communication and writing skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. The intern will work 40 hours per week, compensated at $13/hour (undergraduate level) or $15/hour (graduate level). Open until filled.