The Marketing Assistant will support the Product Marketing Teams in the implementation of customer-centric, product-specific marketing plans for National Geographic Books & Home Entertainment. The Marketing Assistant will assist the department with administrative tasks, and will help with managing marketing assets.
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary for Marketing Vice President, Marketing and Promotions team including (but not limited to): processing invoices,creating Purchase Orders, preparing and mailing out materials, travel arrangements for trade shows and other conferences, arranging meetings and taking minutes, creating schedules, pulling data for campaign analysis, etc. (35%)
- Assist Marketing team with necessary sales support activities, including: manage TI sheets; upload sales assets; create marketing presentations, coordinate sales meetings, etc. (20%)
- Working with Promotions Manager, fulfill online feeds, including: adding frontlist titles to Insight online sampling program, (which feeds Amazon Search Inside, Googles, BN and others), including file preparation, delivery and quality assurance and requires coordination of multiple departments. Upload book covers and other digital assets, as necessary, to NG websites and commerce partners. (15%)
- Upload digital products to distributor's, various retail and NG Books sites. Includes creating control sheets with product specifications, sizing covers and spreads, formatting descriptions and author biographies as necessary in HTML, and communicating all changes (covers, specs) to vendors. (20%)
- Maintain digital archive files of all sales & marketing materials, particularly: final book covers and spreads; digital assets (video trailers, photo galleries, catalogs, promotion packages, media hits). Marketing asset management: submit products for book awards, collect and distribute book reviews, provide books for external reviews (i.e., VINE program). (10%)