Coordinate the quarterly proposal process and liaise with the Grantmaking Program staff to assess, implement process changes, develop written guidelines and resources for the Grantmaking Program, maintain the GIFTS grantmaking database, and support learning and best practices in Grantmaking.
• Working with GRC teammates to support the quarterly board cycle (proposal intake, data entry for all proposals, scheduling review meetings for regional Program staff, Grants, and Compliance, review and tracking of board materials, and preparing for the quarterly board meetings);
• Act as frontline HelpDesk for GIFTS database; YourGIFTS interface; and process issues;
• Core member of GIFTS Power Support team;
• Updating grantee information in tracking sheets and databases and generating periodic reports using the MicroEdge GIFTS database for various audiences at the NED;
• Helping to write and edit materials about procedures and technology systems for manuals, guidebooks and other technical documents;
• Liaising with the staff of two or more regional sections, Grants, and Compliance to keep the GRC team updated on team news and updating the regional teams on new grant making procedures;
• Assisting with the orientation of new Regional Program, Grants, and Compliance staff to the Grantmaking Program; GIFTS; YourGIFTS; and IGAM, and any other relevant grantmaking systems;
• Supporting GRC teammates with their responsibilities outside of preparations for each quarter’s board meetings (routing proposals and reports; recording and posting trainings; updating the intranet; coordinating planning meetings)
• Maintaining GRC files;
• Supporting the Director of the Grantmaking Resource Center as needed; and
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Grantmaking Resource Center.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- Working knowledge of politics, economics, and history and interest in international affairs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Sharepoint and/or grantmaking database a plus
- Administrative support experience, preferably at a grantmaking organization
- Provide attention to detail, and meet deadlines required
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse activities
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Fluency in second language a plus
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English
- Training, tutoring, or teaching experience preferred.
Candidates must include a cover letter, resume, completed NED employment application, salary history with requirements, and contact information for three professional references. Please send to email@example.com , with your name and Program Assistant, GRC – Job #1506 in the subject line.