Duration of Internship: May, 2015 to August, 2015
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with projects such as updating handbook, checking data integrity, etc.
- Assists with Seasonal Employee recruitment.
- Maintains personnel and benefit files and other HR records in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as the Nationals Document Retention Policy.
- Obtains I-9 documentation and assists with yearly audit to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Complete employment verifications.
- Coordinate HR related activities (i.e. Town Hall Meetings, Employee Softball Game, etc.) that will drive employee satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a undergraduate or graduate level Human Resources or related program at an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from a Human Resources or related program at accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Previous HR experience required.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills with the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt and flex according to business and customer needs.
- Ability to analyze information, draw conclusions, and develops solutions to problems.
- Understands how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate upwards.
- Understands the need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Must successfully pass a Background Investigation.
- Available for the entire term of the Internship.