1. Reporting: Work with content editors and reporters to conceive, report and write stories for both print and digital publication.
2. Sports Weekly/special publications: Work Sports Weekly/special publications team on various one-offs and magazine previews. Work could include learning how to pitch stories, long-form stories, writing previews, assisting with research, compiling stats, etc.
3. Digital: Will serve as a digital producer attached to specific content team or with Digital Desk. Will publish/program/engage content for use on all digital platforms – and will work with producers to create value-added material (interactive/photo galleries/etc.) to accompany digital content.
4. Social media: Interns will spend time working with our social media staff to learn proper procedure and best practices for sharing content over Twitter/Facebook/Instagram and other social outlets.
5. FTW!: Team will spend time with FTW editors and writers to learn/participate in the creation of social, easily sharable news content.
6. Training Sessions: Will be required to participate in Brown Bag sessions that Sports department holds to introduce and reinforce proper mechanics and best practices for creating/writing/publishing/programming content.
- Must be pursuing Bachelor's degree with a GPA of at least 3.0
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, adaptable and flexible
- Must possess excellent communication skills