Winrock is seeking candidates for an Agriculture Intern to provide administrative and technical support on agriculture and food security projects and proposals.
- Provide support to project staff on agriculture and food security projects. This will include assisting with reviewing and editing reports, fielding consultants (drafting TORs, arranging airfare), and other tasks as needed.
- Contribute to new business development. This will include conducting research on technical topics, potential partners, and other projects, drafting proposal pieces including tables and CVs, reviewing/contributing to technical sections and annexes as appropriate.
- Conduct research on a range of topics including agriculture, value chains, gender, nutrition, food security, etc. for projects.
- Attend agriculture, food security, and nutrition-related events on behalf of Winrock and report findings.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Nutrition, International Development, or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in agriculture-related field, including coursework and/or development projects.
- Demonstrated writing abilities.
- Knowledge of and experience in international development required, agriculture/agriculture research desired.
- Strong research experience in relevant sectors.
- Experience participating in proposals/new business development desired.
- Familiarity with USAID a plus.
- Experience studying and/or working in a developing country a plus.
- Basic understanding of agriculture and/or food security in developing countries.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong research skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English and strong written English is required.