Competitive Intelligence Analyst - Business Analyst, Research, Data Mining
GEICO - Chevy Chase, MD
We are seeking a highly motivated analyst to join our Competitive Analytics section within the Underwriting Research team.
The Competitive Intelligence team is looking for associates to be the company experts on our competition. The work of team members is highly visible and is relied upon by both regional and executive management to aid decision-making. We ensure that our pricing and product offerings remain competitive in our fight for market share! We investigate our competitors looking for potential opportunities to integrate into our company that correlates with our corporate vision. The Team members work closely with product managers, actuaries, and statistical modelers to research, analyze, and develop competitive position and pricing strategies. These strategies have a direct impact on GEICO's growth. Team members also gather, manage, present, and publish external information about competitors and their pricing and product offerings.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative or business field;
- Driven to succeed in a fast pace work environment;
- Very good analytical, math/statistical, and data management skills;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel;
- Demonstrates leadership potential and works well in a team;
- High level of creativity and experience doing independent research;
- Experience with SAS, SQL, and Microsoft Access is a plus;
- Permanent U.S. work authorization;
- Preference is given to candidates with at least a 3.0 overall GPA and related work or internship experience
$50,000 - $65,000 (commensurate with experience)