My Girlfriend's House has multiple positions open for UMD students. Great opportunity for those looking for hands on experience in a non-profit environment.These Interns will work in an office environment directly with our Executive Director and Program Coordinator.
My Girlfriend's House is a local nonprofit located in Capitol Heights, MD. Our mission is to combat issues facing at-risk girls dealing with social, financial and personal needs while also providing resources that will guide them in a positive direction.
We are now in the process of searching for Copywriting and Grant Writing Interns.
Intern will gain hands-on experience through the writing and editing of a variety of both print and electronic marketing communications materials. Intern will also utilize effective communications to write grant proposals to secure ongoing funding. Candidates should have excellent writing and computer skills and must be highly organized, self-driven with the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
* Prepare and update corporate content as needed for brochures, website, grants and other collateral
* Prepare letters of support for corporate community
* Become intimately familiar with all key programs
* Respond to at least 4 grant requests per month
* Maintain database of upcoming grants and track results of previously responded grants
* Identify and prepare LOIs for foundations
* Familiarize oneself with basic funder software
* Follow up on status of LOIs or grants
This internship is an onsite position in an office environment, it’s an unpaid internship, with a minimum requirement of 16 hours per week for at least 6 months.
Please send resumes to Jobs@mygirlfriendshouse.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.