To provide support for ongoing EHS projects and learn and assist the EHS team with meeting the department objectives.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Work with departmental staff to evaluate the adequacy of engineering and administrative controls, perform or coordinate industrial hygiene assessments and help make recommendations through written technical reports.
- Assist EHS employees to plan, schedule, coordinate or conduct EHS Training Programs for employees and contractors such as HAZCOM, Blood borne Pathogens, Hazardous Waste Generator, Laboratory Safety, Fire Protection and Prevention, DOT HAZMAT requirements, etc.
- Assist in managing and maintaining day-to-day EHS programs, including Laboratory Assessments/Audits, New Hire Orientation, PPE distribution, etc.
- Currently pursuing a BS degree
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- No industry experience is required, previous internship experience preferred