- Take a fall-semester seminar course on security, U.S. diplomacy, science diplomacy, energy, global challenges--taught by amazing practitioners who bring in guest speakers (foreign ambassadors, F.B.I., United Nations folks, etc.)!
- Obtain spring internship at sites ranging from federal, NGOs, private organizations, foreign embassies, research shops, White House etc.
- Take spring internship credit through our program or through your major or other program! Choose internships according to your interests and career ideas! (The fall seminar is not limiting!)
- Earn a notation on your transcript: become a Federal or Global Semester Fellow!
- Join a lively, engaged student cohort group (and alumni network)! Year-round fellowship and empowerment activities including field trips, etc.
For details and an application form, go to EITHER http://federalsemester.umd.edu and/or http://globalsemesterdc.umd.edu or come by our office: 2407 Marie Mount Hall, 301-314-0261. Fill out ONE application and rank your choices across the two programs. APPLY NOW!
Look at seminar descriptions on our websites to learn about amazing instructors!