Responsibility of the role will include developing, documenting, and managing key business process tools and reports including, but not limited to: financial analysis, operational metrics, key performance indicators, and comparative analysis. He/she will have the ability to interact with and influence management and contributors many all levels of the organization. This role requires the candidate be interested in analyzing operational and financial data to define and measure meaningful metrics that lead to insightful business decision-making.
- Build and drive an efficient, user-friendly process for developing financial and operational analyses that link to strategic objectives;
- Work collaboratively in preparing and automating monthly reporting packages that includes analysis of key business trends and actual versus plan variances, including comprehensive explanations of differences;
- Determine key performance indicator metrics and help to produce forecasting models to support senior management in decision making;
- Participate in the development and monitoring of key systems analytics information including operational, financial, and historical metrics, healthcare data patterns, claims utilization, provider utilization, and/or cost and reimbursement patterns to improve the functioning of processes and operation;
- Collaborate with business owners on data analysis and modeling projects;
- Develop product knowledge and expertise regarding products utilized by Inovalon clients, and acquire proficiency in healthcare Risk Adjustment for Commercial populations; and
- Assist on special projects, as needed.
- Currently enrolled as a candidate for a Bachelor's Degree or Master’s degree;
- Eager to learn about the Affordable Care Act, commercial health plans, and the health care industry;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS Excel;
- Basic experience writing queries in SQL or similar software preferred;
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Strong attention to detail and solid organizational skills.