The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments is seeking a full-time intern interested in climate and energy issues to provide technical support to COG’s Climate and Energy team and COG members with implementation of the regional climate and energy action plan, with particular focus on greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory development work for the region. Primary responsibilities of the position regarding climate and energy programs, and GHG inventory development include:
· Performing technical review of the recently completed COG regional GHG inventory;
· Helping to prepare GHG inventory documentation on inputs, methods, and results;
· Assisting COG member jurisdictions to prepare local greenhouse gas inventories;
· Collecting and applying input data for use in local government operations and community inventories;
· Presenting results and recommendations to COG staff and workgroups;
· Providing technical support to COG and local government members for climate and energy program activities, including progress tracking and analysis of program impacts for various initiatives such as efficiency retrofits, building benchmarking, resiliency planning, and electric vehicle and renewable energy deployment.
Applicant should be a graduate or undergraduate student in environmental studies, urban studies, engineering, or related field. Demonstrated interest in sustainability, climate change, and/or energy issues is helpful. Intern must have strong quantitative, oral communication and writing skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. The intern will work 40 hours per week, compensated at $13/hour (undergraduate level) or $15/hour (graduate level). Open until filled.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, & Writing Sample to: Resumes@mwcog.org