This position is designed for an enthusiastic and energetic self-starter who has ideas and skills to share. You will have the chance to help build and strategize around social media, email marketing, website development and publication dissemination strategies. An ideal candidate will be a senior whose major/coursework is in the areas of communications, journalism, social work or public policy.
- This position is available immediately. Up to 25 hours weekly. $10/HOUR. Remote work a possibility for the right candidate.
- This position will remain open until filled
- Due to the high volume of applications received, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
Specific duties may include:
- Website updates using AMPS content management system
- Tracking Google and social analytics
- Creating Social Media content daily
- Working with internal teams on dissemination strategies
- Media research
- Shepherding newsletters from start to finish
- Project management for publications
- Archiving publications and images
- Create One-pagers, summaries and other short documents about internal projects
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Demonstrated interest in social policy, particularly child welfare system reform and community change
- Commitment to equity
- Knowledge and experience about how social and traditional media works
- Knowledge of public relations strategies to advance an agenda for social change
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Website content management expertise (HTML helpful)
- Knowledge of AP, APA, Chicago styles
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Knowledge of graphic design (using Adobe Creative Suite) and video editing a plus
Qualified applicants should send resume, cover letter, writing sample and social media samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.