Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple public charities, including a 501(c)(3) named the New Venture Fund and a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation and global health. The organizations have also provided fiscal sponsorship to projects focused on public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
Essential Responsibilities and Projects:
- Team Support (~80%)
- Support the team’s daily management of a large portfolio of fiscally sponsored and incubated projects, including tasks such as:
- Update project data and information in various technology systems, including Salesforce.
- Coordinate logistics for client and project meetings.
- Assist with preparation of subgrant dockets, such as reviewing due diligence documentation, mail-merging agreements, etc.
- Enter grant, contribution, subgrant and contract information into Salesforce.
- Research unidentified donations to determine appropriate project designation, including contacting donors.
- Process payments, ensuring accurate coding and documentation.
- Develop internal procedure guides by observing team members performing core functions related to project management and documenting in detail the steps associated with each activity.
- Assist with the roll-out of online grants management system; develop internal training guides.
- Implement reorganization of shared files.
- Administrative Support backup (~20%)
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Rising junior or senior currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Interest in nonprofit management, social enterprise, consulting and/or other areas key to philanthropy
- Nonprofit volunteer experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and research skills
- Ability to support projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team