Each candidate chosen to be a Researcher in the Political Risk Training Program will work with one or more analysts in the regional or functional practice group at Eurasia Group that best matches his or her experience, interests, and language skills. The Researcher will provide research support, including basic primary and secondary source information-gathering for our analysts' written products and client meetings, as well as general administrative assistance. The program will also include a formal training component, focusing on key issues in the preparation and presentation of political risk analysis.
This program provides full-time employment at Eurasia Group for one year. The program will be run in the firm's New York, Washington and London offices. All candidates must have US or UK work authorization.
Candidates must have the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
• a bachelor's degree in political science, regional studies, or economics
• deep knowledge, in-country experience and foreign language fluency of the related country or sub-region (if applicable)
• a strong interest in the interaction between politics and financial markets
• ability to exercise independent judgment when evaluating relevant data that will contribute to the firm's analytical products
• comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires critical thinking, solid writing skills, and concise argumentation
Eurasia Group is looking for researchers in the following roles:
• South Africa: Degree in political science, political economy, economics, or African studies. Deep knowledge of South African political economy and wider Southern African Development Community (SADC) markets. Research and/or early professional experience in the region is preferred, as is Portuguese and/or other regional language skills (particularly Zulu or Xhosa). The successful candidate will also occasionally work with the firm's data analytics and research management teams, so a background in quantitative social science methodology is also preferred. Location: New York/Washington
• Emerging Markets: Degree in political science, economics, finance or relevant field. Demonstrated research experience by coursework or internships working with both quantitative and qualitative approaches is a must. Demonstrated quantitative skills and academic background in statistics and applied econometrics is required. Familiarity working in STATA, E-views, or other statistics programming applications will be favored. Location: New York
• Eurasia and Global Macro Research projects: Degree in political science, political economy, economics, or Eurasia studies. Candidate should have experience working with Russia and other Eurasian States, and have a background in political economy or comparative politics. Fluency in Russian strongly preferred, along with understanding of macro-economics. This position will split time between the Eurasia Practice and the Head of Country Analysis. Location: Washington
• Latin America: Degree in political science, economics or Latin American studies required. Coursework in macroeconomics, fiscal policy and energy policy is a plus. Field experience preferable. Fluency in Spanish is required. Location: Washington
• Turkey and Central Europe: Degree in political science, political economy, economics, or European studies. Fluency in Turkish is required. Researcher will play a critical support role to the rest of the team, managing a large number of deliverables for our corporate and financial market clients, as well as a resource to the rest of the Europe team more generally. Location: London
• South Asia and Research Management: Knowledge and coursework in macroeconomic, regulatory, and sectoral policies in India is preferred. The ideal candidate should have a deep knowledge of the domestic politics of South Asia with a particular focus on India. In this position, you will also be expected to assist our director of research management by coordinating a wide range of projects, publications, and client requests. You should be able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously to insure compliance with both internal and external deadlines. Demonstrated experience with project management is required. Experience working in a corporate environment and familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint a plus. This position will split time between the Asia Practice and the Research Management Practice. Location: London
Click here to apply.