Essential Functions & Job Responsibilities:
PSI is seeking a summer intern to assist the marketing department, primarily by enhancing our social media presence. The intern will work together with a Task Lead and numerous other PSIers as he/she assists with brainstorming, planning, writing, strategizing, recommending, and presenting our plan for increased exposure both internally and externally. Responsibilities and job duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with social media efforts and strategies to drive engagement and increase brand awareness.
- Writing/editing blogs/posts/articles for Planned Systems International.
- Helping to analyze ongoing posting, response and engagement data from PSI’s current social media venues.
- Exploring efforts to incorporate additional social media platforms (Twitter, etc.).
- Conducting research surveys as needed.
- Proposing other actionable recommendations based on expertise and research.
- Administering such third party social tools and social networks.
- Providing support for analytics and analysis of social media data.
- Additionally, may be asked to:
- Develop a shareable master list/index of posts from all PSI’s social media venues to track and analyze which posts have the highest performance and responses.
- Monitor the competition and social media conversations across relevant venues to ensure we stay abreast of market changes and developments.
- Assist with the creation/designing or recommendation of marketing graphics, pamphlets, or other content.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned such as assisting with even planning and/or other office management needs.
To be considered for this paid internship, applicants must have a sincere desire to delve further into Social Media, learn about PSI's Government contracting business, and integrate the two with positive results. Additionally, this position requires:
- A current college student (2+ years preferred). Will also consider new graduates and Master's candidates if interested in a 10 - 12 week internship.
- Proven social media marketing knowledge and expertise as evidenced by professional work experience, related internships, and/or relevant college projects.
- Business analytical skills and good research and writing skills.
- Self-motivation, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to summarize and propose/present findings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for working in a highly collaborative office environment.
- Good work ethics, dependable nature, and professional acumen.
- Ability to safely and securely handle confidential and/or sensitive information.
- U.S. Citizenship required