- Maintain the integrity of the MAA grassroots database and process all new MAA enrollments.
- Revitalize and maintain a key contact/“grasstops” database as it relates to the 114th Congress and beyond.
- Work with LPA lobbyists and SLGA staff to distribute grassroots “Calls to Action” communications and cull post-Call metrics.
- Work with SLGA staff to develop and implement state-level enrollment practices and maintain relationships with MBA State Ambassadors.
- MBA’s National Advocacy Conference (NAC): assist MBA’s External Relations Group in the recruitment of attendees, schedule meetings with Congressional offices (while acting as the primary “day-of” NAC contact), and help assemble materials for all NAC issue briefs.
- Gather internal materials to create and send weekly MAA newsletters and other relevant communications to database members.
- Subject to general oversight, work with IT department to identify, process, document and implement all MAA renewal/sunsetting campaigns.
- Manage and update website and social media content on an as needed basis.
- Assist Associate Director of Political Affairs with MAA steering committee roster management, preparation of MAA meetings, events, and conference calls, and prepare minutes for each meeting.
- Assist with the annual election of three “at-large” members to MAA’s Steering Committee.
- Provide assistance to LPA, residential, and commercial/multifamily policy teams with respect to assigned projects on an as-needed basis.
Undergraduate degree in political science, communications or public policy highly desired with a minimum of one year of political experience, and/or grassroots administration. Advanced skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and knowledge of DDC Advocacy and database management software considered a strong plus. Candidate must possess strong verbal communication and writing skills, both creative and journalistic. Candidate must also be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and deliverables that can change within the same week or even the same day.
Click here to read more and apply.