Common Cause Maryland is seeking a summer intern to assist with advocacy campaigns, research, policy development, communications, and member outreach and events. Individuals with keen interest in government affairs and the legislative process, can-do attitude, and commitment to a fair and transparent democracy are highly encouraged to apply.
- Assist staff with all a range of advocacy and communications activities, including:
- Researching campaign donations and transparency reforms, with the goal of releasing several reports over the fall and winter;
- Assisting with drafting of legislation and necessary outreach to establish public funding for county candidates for office;
- Holding and attracting attendance at events including policy forums and rallies;
- Meeting with elected officials, coalition partners, and community groups to discuss good government reforms and our long-term agenda.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in good government issues; is self-motivated; able to work independently; has excellent writing, researching, and editing skills; familiar with Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel. Experience with Facebook and Twitter are helpful.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis as positions are immediately available. Hours are flexible, but a commitment of 15-25 hours per week is required. Must be able to come to the Annapolis office on a regular basis but some work may be done remotely. Please submit resume and cover letter to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com and include INTERNSHIP-MD in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to respond as soon as possible.