The Intern will work under the general supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications and/or his or her designee. The Communications/Social Media Intern supports the team on several key strategies and tactics.
Specific duties of the Communications/Social Media Intern may include:
- Writing and executing content for digital and social media channels, including Website, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, YouTube, E-mails
- Monitoring and helping to build a digital and social community
- Planning and executing volunteer/service opportunities
- Participating in weekly meetings and brainstorming sessions to guide content strategy development
- Managing meeting logistics and community events
- Maintaining status sheets
- Participating in the development of timelines and production plans
- Assisting in the development of reports or PowerPoint presentations
As part of the team of 3 to 5 interns, AARP Foundation is looking for 1 with a graphic design and/or video background and capabilities working with Adobe Creative Suite.
Additional duties for these interns may include: Design and layout of digital materials such as infographics, visual social media content, event materials, etc. Intern must have the ability to be self-directed, but respond positively to constructive feedback.
Previous internship experience preferred. Apply here.