Marketplace is public radio's daily magazine of business and economics. Airing weekday mornings and evenings, it boasts the largest audience for any business program in the U.S. on radio, cable, or network television. To check out information about theprogram, go to: http://www.marketplace.org/.
Marketplace has an excellent internship opportunity in Washington, D.C., for those who have an active interest in journalism. Marketplace Interns will be compensated on an hourly basis. Metro costs will be subsidized.
This internship is 40 hours a week and will span fall 2015 (September through December).
This posting has an application deadline of July 15, 2015 (10pm PST).
In Washington, D.C. (work with entire Marketplace D.C. Bureau Staff):
- Learn and perform a variety of production, research, and editorial tasks.
- Handle administrative tasks, including managing studio calendar and bookings.
- Record audio in the field.
- Contribute ideas for stories and other editorial material.
- Conduct pre-interviews for on-air guests.
- Database and web projects.
Required Education and Experience: A demonstrated interest in journalism (i.e. produced work for publication, worked at school newspaper/radio, etc.)
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Familiarity with public radio programs generally and Marketplace specifically.
- Coursework or experience in radio journalism.
- Familiarity/proficiency with AP style.
- Familiarity with PIN (Public Insight Network).