Our editorial interns are fully involved in the Green America editorial team. Editorial interns spend most of their time researching and writing stories, fact-checking, and proofreading listings for the National Green Pages™. Interns have the opportunity to acquire short published clips and gain exposure to many aspects of magazine publishing.
We are looking for interns with exceptional writing and editing skills, sharp analytic skills, meticulous attention to detail and factual accuracy, and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Internet research.
An ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about social justice and environmental sustainability.
- Be comfortable receiving editorial feedback and adhering to deadlines.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Have experience researching and writing with minimal supervision.
- Be ready and excited to learn.
To apply, please e-mail a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 short writing samples (news-style articles or essays are particularly relevant—please avoid sending academic papers if possible) to Andre Floyd. Full announcement is here. Application deadline is July 15th.