- Support the daily activities of the SVP including assistance with scheduling, correspondence, travel and expense reports.
- Provide administrative support for Global Programs, including processing monthly expatriate staff and other invoices, bookkeeping, inter-office communications, maintaining filing systems, scheduling, coordinating travel and logistics, and other related duties as they arise.
- Support projects relevant to HIAS mission and core competencies (legal/advocacy, livelihoods, psychosocial, resettlement) by carrying out duties relating to program development and proposals, accounting, research, writing, editing, and formatting, for international and domestic programs.
- Extremely organized, professional, and articulate; high degree of attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as web-based research
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task between projects, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
- Strong research, analytical, oral and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural competency
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams, think creatively, and solve problems.
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Knowledge of international affairs and refugee issues preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish or other languages (especially French, Russian, Farsi or Arabic) a strong plus.
Bachelor's degree required.
Ability to master office administrative duties, including office communications, meeting and event planning, and bookkeeping required.
Full status to work in the United States and willingness to provide employment verification as required.
HIAS is the global Jewish nonprofit organization working in 14 countries across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient.
Click here to apply.