The position also assists the Safeguards team in policy and legislative work on issues ranging from wildlife conservation funding, endangered species protection, invasive species prevention, climate-change science, and land protection and management. More information is available at http://www.nwf.org/climate-smart.
This position is available immediately.
In this role you will:
- Support the safeguards team project implementation and delivery, including literature review on ecologically-based natural hazard mitigation strategies.
- Research, write, and edit reports, factsheets, and web content on wildlife, climate change, invasive species, and natural resource conservation.
- Support legislative and policy work, including tracking bills and administrative. regulations/rulemakings, distribute information to decision-makers and other stakeholders, and occasionally attend lobby meetings.
- Initiate coalition building with partners, including attending coalition meetings, engaging NWF affiliates and partners, and helping with lobby days and trainings.
- Provide logistical support in organizing meetings, workshops, trainings and other events, including arranging travel, taking minutes, and distributing notes and other materials
- Perform administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or experience in natural resource management, conservation biology, wildlife ecology, or environmental policy/advocacy
- Good expository writing skills.
- Facility reviewing technical policy and/or scientific documents.
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct independent research.
- Computer literacy a must (MS Office suite and internet applications).
- Knowledge of wildlife conservation and environmental science issues.
- Graphic design or GIS skills are useful but not essential.
The intern must be available to work a 40-hour weekly schedule. This position offers $10.50/hour plus core benefits. As an intern you will gain substantive experience, including opportunities to contribute to nationally significant work on climate adaptation and wildlife conservation.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Apply here.