- Conduct searches on tobacco documents and secondary sources in areas of interest.
- Translate findings from reports and other documents into fact sheets, presentations, letters or case studies for dissemination and/or posting on international edition of the Campaign’s website.
- Assist in responding to rapid research requests for facts and research documents from staff and partners.
- Monitor the Resource tab of the website to ensure that information remains current.
- Track and maintain journal subscriptions
- Maintain electronic records of research articles, fact sheet files and contact lists for the international research team.
- Assist with general office duties and administrative tasks such as faxing, scanning, and emailing documents as well as creating spreadsheets, proofreading materials and creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with writing letters to policymakers, including elected officials and senior administrators.
- Assist with organizing workshops and other events hosted by the Research team, other Campaign teams (e.g., country teams), or key partners.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Undergraduate degree and familiarity with research and/or health sciences terminology.
- Familiarity with conducting literature searches, including Internet searching.
- Familiarity with research methods and ability to summarize research articles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofing with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems creatively and work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample (3-5 pages) to email@example.com . Please reference the position code: RAIR-08 in the subject line of the email. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.