Title: Staff Assistant
Supervisor: Program Manager
Starting salary: $40,000/yr with excellent benefits.
Position Summary: This position is available immediately and supports the Valbin staff with coordination and administration of government contracting opportunities for foreign language services and cultural training. This position is for an entry level candidate looking to grow with an expanding company.
- Fulfill administrative tasks including data entry, answering phones, photocopying, faxing, filing, etc.Recruit linguists and subject matter experts for various government contracts as needed
- Maintain a data base of linguists
- Keep careful record of all foreign language assignments in order to assist in the preparation of accurate invoices.
- Update calendar of service for government contracts.
- Keep inventory of company furnished equipment on various assigned projects
- Perform other functions as needed
- Travel may be required
- Commitment to cross cultural communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research, analytical, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, deadline driven environment.
- BA in business, international relations, linguistics or related field.
- Foreign Language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel (experience with MS Access is a plus).
- Business, international relations, linguistics or related field: 1 year