This position supports the Africa Delivery sector to coordinate financial, logistical and operational functions for the Africa Sector. The incumbent provides administrative supports one or more projects.
- Under the guidance of Regional Sector Managing Director (RMD) and Regional Finance and Operational Manager (RFOM) provides general operational and logistical support to the Africa Sector on sector and project related logistical and administrative tasks, including new business opportunities. Provides short-term coverage for traveling Associates. Any other tasks as requested by management.
- Submits requisitions for requesting purchases for goods and services and drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates. Assists project with project recruitment and mobilization for Long Term (LTTA) and Short Term Technical Assistant (STTA) positions and coordinates the processing of payments. Drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates.
- Auditing sector and project iExpense reports.
- Processing Independent Consultant invoices and supplier/vendor invoices for review or approval per the Schedule of Authorities.
- Assisting with outstanding invoices and closed project finances.
- Provides backstopping support to projects in an Assistant capacity and helps with day to day project operations. Under the guidance of the RFOM, assist with ad hoc tasks as requested by from Project Delivery Teams for projects on a surge capacity.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Grade 4: Minimum one year relevant administrative or technical professional experience and a BS/BA degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of/interest in the international development field
- Experience in international development
- Experience with project management
- Business development experience
- Proficiency in a second language
Click here to apply.