The White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders is looking for qualified students to intern in Fall 2015. The Initiative serves to develop, monitor, and coordinate executive branch efforts to improve the quality of life of AAPIs through increased participation in federal programs. An internship at the Initiative will provide students with exposure to the workings of a federal agency and complement the academic offerings provided by your institution.
Fall Internship Details:
· Dates: August – December
· Time Commitment: Full-time (32-40 hours/week), Part-time applicants may also be considered (20 hours/week)*
· Locations: Washington, DC HQ or Seattle, WA Regional Office
· Eligibility: 18 years of age, enrolled in a degree-seeking program, authorized to work in the United States*
· Responsibilities: Interns will help write policy memos and proposals, draft blogs, assist with communications and social media, coordinate and staff events, and conduct outreach to national and local AAPI organizations and leaders.
To Apply for the Fall 2015 Internship Program, applicants must submit the following to WhiteHouseAAPI@ed.gov by July 19:
· Dates available for the internship
· Location Preference (Washington, DC HQ or Seattle, WA Regional Office)
· Written Statement that describes (1) an issue that affects the AAPI community on a national level, (2) a strategy that you would implement at the Initiative to address that issue, and (3) the organizations and/or federal agencies with whom you would collaborate and why. The statement should be no more than one page, single-spaced.
*For complete details, please visit the Initiative’s website.
Meet the Summer 2015 Interns!
If you have additional questions, or are interested in partnering with the Initiative for internship placement opportunities, please contact WhiteHouseAAPI@ed.gov.