- Finance-Accounting - The intern will gain experience in core accounting functions: Financial Reporting, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. Responsibilities include performing monthly account reconciliations, applying cash receipts, entering invoices for payment and researching customer inquiries.
- Social Media Desk - Under the supervision of the Social Media Desk, the intern will work to bring the public into NPR’s journalism. The intern also assists with the production of NPR social media activities and initiatives. The goal of the Social Media Desk is to expand the range of news gathering and storytelling activities at NPR through engagement with the public. The intern will have an opportunity to be an integral part of the work that this desk including producing original content, hosting on NPR’s social media channels, working with shows and desks at NPR to introduce new sources and techniques, and working on storytelling innovation. Applicants should already be active in online communities and should be interested in pursuing a career in journalism.
- Digital Media, Product Development - The product team, a mix of business people and journalists, manages teams of designers and developers in building NPR’s national website, mobile apps, API, digital listening experiences, social-media products, podcasts, newsletters, digital-publishing systems, aggregator partnerships, and more. This internship puts you squarely in the middle of the team, contributing to different projects daily and learning best product-development practices.
- Office of the Ombudsman - As the listener's advocate, the Office of the Ombudsman deals with issues of editorial judgment and responds to NPR's audience via e-mail, phone, mail and an online column. Each workday varies depending on what needs to be researched according to NPR’s ethics handbook.
- NPR Berlin & NPR Worldwide, Programming - This internship will work closely with domestic and international NPR broadcast services within the Programming division.
- Morning Edition - This internship will support the Morning Edition program.
- Washington Desk - This internship will support the Washington Desk.
- Business Desk - This intern will support the Business Desk.
- Policy and Representation - Want to learn about the inner workings of a busy government relations department? NPR’s Policy & Representation team seeks highly motivated and organized applicants with an interest in public radio, grassroots advocacy, and policy. The internship is designed to provide broad practical exposure to lobbying and the legislative/regulatory process, specifically in regards to issues facing public broadcasting.
Click on the links above to read a full description of each internship and to apply. Application deadline is July 21!